Although they seem to be the same, a wedding coordinator and a wedding planner have different functions, learn more about them here.
It is very common to confuse the functions performed by a Wedding Coordinator and a Wedding Planner, and although there is no unanimity as to the differences between one and the other, these are some of the functions that are most common for each of them and how they carry them out.
For them, logistics is everything; although with the difference that the work deadline is shorter than that of a planner, they usually work a month before the wedding and act as a contact person to ensure that everything runs smoothly during the event.
Functions of a Wedding Coordinator
- Meets with the planners four to eight weeks before the wedding to find out the status of the preparations.
- Meets with vendors to review signed contracts and confirm logistics.
- Create timelines and detailed plans.
- Conducts a final walk-through of the ceremony and reception site.
- Attends to any overlooked details.
- Conducts the rehearsal.
- Oversees the entire wedding day.
While logistics are also necessary, their services could be considered more comprehensive, as they are often the ones in charge of the wedding from scratch. Another important aspect within their functions is establishing and controlling the budget that will be taken up for the execution of the wedding. They have the years of experience and the credentials that set them above the rest."
Some planners also offer design or styling services, helping with the creative details of your wedding day and the hiring of the personnel in charge of each of the aspects that will be included in the event.
Functions of a Wedding Planner
- Provides vendor referrals and negotiates contracts; schedules and attends all vendor meetings.
- Controls deposits and payments from all vendors.
- Creates detailed schedules and plans.
- Assists in determining and managing a budget and tracking deposits and payments.
- Assists with tours and menu tastings.
- Creates styling ideas and coordinates design details.
- Coordinates hotel room reservations and transportation.
- Manages the rehearsal.
- Oversees the entire wedding day (ensuring everyone stays on schedule, handles incidentals, manages vendors, and executes your on-site vision).