For Marquis Los Cabos, it is vital to carry out a legitimate, safe, controlled, and informed treatment of your personal data, so it is our commitment to maintain at all times your right to privacy and the right to informational self-determination.
Responsible entity concerning the processing of personal data
PROMOCIONES KM S.A. de C.V. is the company responsible (hereafter: the “RESPONSIBLE”) concerning the processing of personal data, which are collected and handled by "Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa" (hereafter: the "HOTEL"). For the RESPONSIBLE, handling your data in a legitimate way is a priority. This Notice of Privacy complements any other simplified notices of privacy that our business may have made available to you. It is supplemental in all those issues not expressly referred to in said notices. This Notice of Privacy is also applicable if you register through our website.
Personal Data Department
- Address: Carretera Transpeninsular Km 21.5, Fracc. Cabo Real, San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico 23400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of personal processing data
In this Act, the RESPONSIBLE collects your data for the following purposes:
- • To book rooms and/or lodging in the HOTEL;
- • To follow up and grant attention to a booking of clients/guests;
- • To confirm bookings;
- • For marketing, advertising, and commercial prospecting purposes, all of which may include sending you promotions and discounts that we may consider of your interest; and
- • To make a follow-up and grant attention to the requirements of our clients, among other purposes.
- • To know if it is required to grant special attention to people with disabilities or if they have specific needs in food.
- • Concerning our spa: to know the physical conditions of patients, so we can select the treatment to be granted
- • Concerning our fitness center: to customize training programs for our guests -to be elaborated by our trainer staff- so said personnel may consider the diseases or injuries that users may have gone through.
- Concerning our concierge service: the aim is that our organization has sufficient data to carry out bookings of tours or restaurants outside of our company.
- In the case of people that visit our facilities for any reason, we can grant users access to such facilities; keep a log of visitors that enter our facilities, and guarantee the safety of the staff, clients, and visitors
If you do not wish us to install cookies or disagree with how we use them, you can change the settings on your internet browser to reject them. Note that if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features on our website.
Personal data we collect
For the abovementioned purposes, we may collect your data in several ways. We usually collect your data when you provide them to us directly, that is, in our HOTEL or throughout some of our business partners that manage our hotels. Sometimes we get your data in an indirect manner through other sources that are allowed by law.
We directly collect your data when you provide them by yourself, by phone to our booking department or any other department, and/or on our website. The data we may get from you could be, amongst others: Name, address, nationality, phone number, e-mail, date of stay, amount of people and/or underage that will lodge in the hotel, quantity of rooms you may occupy; if applicable, the company you work for and, the travel agency, if applicable, among some other data.
5 Sensitive, financial and patrimonial personal data we collect
• 5.1 Sensitive data: The Responsible does not collect sensitive personal data for check-in and registration purposes. However, there are certain services within the HOTEL to which you may have access only if you consent in providing us the sensitive data we may ask. If you use our Spa and Fitness Center services, our staff will ask you to fill in an application form in which you have to provide personal data that may disclose aspects of your health status, present or future. Among such data it can be found: diseases, injuries or surgeries you have gone through; information about the medical treatments you are receiving at that moment; if you have a pacemaker; if you are pregnant or not, among many other data. Your data will be processed only for the purposes described in this Notice of Privacy.
• 5.2 Financial and patrimonial data: The RESPONSIBLE collects from you the financial and patrimonial data which are necessary for the juridical obligations derived from the lodging contract. Among such data there are the type and number of your credit card, its security code, and expiration date; we could also ask the photocopy of your credit card. These data are collected for booking purposes or payment of our services. Sometimes said data may also be collected by our concierge service in order to make the bookings you may have requested in restaurants or with tour operators.
According to provisions stated in Article 9 of the "Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de Particulares" (“The Federal Law for Protection of Personal Data (which are) in Possession of Individuals”), when the RESPONSIBLE collects from you such sensitive data, it will be asked to you to give your express consent for the processing of these data, reason why we may ask you at that time, if you accept or not to said processing, by stamping your signature in the electronic or printed application form we have implemented for such effects or, in any other case, by stamping your signature in this document.
We inform you that we collect personal data by means of cookies or web beacons, or by means of other technologies, to get personal information from you, which would be such as the following:
• Your type of browser and operative system
• The websites you may visit
• The links you may follow
• The I.P. address
• The website you visited prior to ours
The types of cookies we use fall into 3 categories:
• Essential cookies and similar technologies: These are vital for the running of our services on our websites and apps. Without the use of these cookies, parts of our websites would not function.
• Analytics cookies and similar technologies: These collect information about your use of our websites and apps, and enable us to improve the way it works. They also help identify any difficulties you have accessing our services, so we can fix any problems. Additionally, these cookies allow us to see overall patterns of usage at an aggregated level.
• Tracking, advertising cookies, and similar technologies: We use these types of technologies to provide advertisements that are more relevant to your interests. This can be done by delivering online adverts based on your previous web browsing activity. Cookies are placed on your browser which will remember the websites you have visited. Advertising based on what you have been looking at is then displayed to you when you visit websites that use the same advertising networks.
7 Options and means to limit the use and disclosure of personal data
You can stop receiving e-mails, printed messages, and phone calls to landlines or mobiles by requesting this from our Personal Data Department.
8 Means to exercise the rights you have concerning access, rectification, cancellation, or opposition
You have the right to access the personal data we have and to the details when we process them, as well as the right to rectify them in case those are inexact or incomplete; the right to cancel them when they seem excessive or unnecessary for the purposes that justified its contention, or you may oppose to the processing of the data for specific goals.
The mechanisms that have been implemented so you may exercise the above-mentioned rights are by the presentation of the respective request, addressed to our Personal Data Department, or you may appear at the address of said department, or by means of sending an e-mail to the previously stated address. You may download the application form from our website, in the following tab www.marquisloscabos.com
For further information, please contact the Personal Data Department, at the above-mentioned e-mail address.
9 Mechanisms and procedures in case the holder wanted to revoke his/her consent, at any time
At any time of data processing, you may revoke the consent you previously granted to process your data. For this, it is necessary that you contact the Data Protection Department, where it will be pointed out the procedure you have to follow in the order you may revoke your consent.
10 Personal Data transfer within Mexico and abroad
Your personal data may be transferred and processed within and outside the country by anyone other than the company. We share your data with any of our subsidiaries and affiliates. Your data are protected since our subsidiaries and affiliates shall work under the same Protection of Personal Data Policy.
We commit to not transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as otherwise provided in Article 37, Federal Law for Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Individuals, as well as to perform such transfer according to terms stated in the said law. In this way, it is necessary then that you let us know if you give your consent, or not, for said data transfer.
11 Safety measures implemented
For the protection of your personal data, we have implemented administrative, physical and technical safety measures, all with the purpose to avoid losses, misuse or alteration of your information.
When we communicate or share your information with the third parties that render us a service, we request them and verify that they have the necessary safety measures in order to protect your personal data, so we prohibit the use of your personal information for purposes different from the intended; in virtue of which, notwithstanding the foregoing, any breach of provisions stated in the Federal Law for Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Individuals and its Regulations, carried out by any such third parties, is the exclusive responsibility of said third parties.
12 Amendments to Notice of Privacy
We reserve the right to perform amendments or updates, at any time, to the notice of privacy. Said amendments shall be available to the public through the following:
• Visible notices at our HOTEL or in our offices; or,
• Leaflets or brochures, available at our hotels or in our offices; or,
• Our official website www.marquisloscabos.com; or,
• Our staff can make them available to you by e-mail, to the last recorded address you gave to us.
13 The right to promote the procedures for the protection of rights and verification that authenticates the Institute
You may address any complaints or request for further information concerning the processing of your personal data, or any doubts about the Federal Law for Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Individuals, or its regulations, to the IFAI [the Federal Institute for Access to Public Information, for its acronym in Spanish].
For further information, please visit www.ifai.org.mx