Author: Martha Huerta
Steps for those engaged to be married
We have prepared a list of things you can do right after getting engaged.
Getting engaged is undoubtedly one of the most exciting moments of your life. It’s the first step into the rest of you and your partner’s life together, and it’s a moment that is not short of joy and bliss. Nonetheless, it might also mean taking a leap into the uncertainty of planning a wedding and all that it may entail.
So, before you start thinking about the next step, take your time to fully embrace the unique and meaningful moment that is your engagement. After all, it is the beginning of your marriage journey, and thus it deserves to be celebrated appropriately. To help you through this process, here is a list of things you can do right after getting engaged:
- Savor the moment, just the two of you. Open a bottle of champagne, go away for the weekend, or do a fun activity that you both enjoy and relax! This time together is vital to start figuring out what you both want moving forward.
- Share your happiness! Part of the joy of this unique occasion is sharing it with others, so think of how you want your loved ones to hear your big news. Having a small celebration with your family and the inner circle is also a great way to mark this moment and for them to get to know each other a little more.
- Set the wedding date. Having a clear idea of when you are getting married will help you focus on making decisions regarding your wedding.
- Choose what kind of wedding you want. Do you want a large celebration, or do you prefer a more intimate one? What is your budget? Where would you want to get married? Answering these questions might help you save time and energy when faced with a myriad of options.
- Research your dream wedding venue. This is especially important for those who have always wanted a destination wedding. The sense of not being present to plan every single thing might start to crawl in. For this reason, you need to look both for a fantastic venue and a trustworthy team that will be able to listen to your every wish and need. They will translate them into your dream wedding.
Starting with these suggestions might help you figure out what you need and want right from the start. Do not take your eyes off what is most important: your new life together is just beginning, and you are in for a fantastic ride! - M.H